Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I can make it through anything...

I've been feeling a lot of adversity recently.  I won't get into specifics, but the most important thing is that I've decided that I'm going to be positive.  

Sometimes, when you feel like you're stuck in a funk and you get down on yourself thinking that you can't do it, you aren't good enough or don't have the skills or drive to get things done... well, face your fears!  Come up with a few sentences that you can write down about yourself that are positive and tape it to your mirror (I know, it's cheesy!) and say them to yourself!  Examples: I am going to be positive today. I am determined to fight for what is right. I am not giving up.  I will achieve my goals.  I will be proud of myself today.

See, for a while I was wallowing in self-doubt, disheartened about general things, not feeling fulfilled, and not able to find a way out. Well, it's time to let that go. 

I know when the "Monday Morning Blues" hits and I'm back to the grind, I may not always feel this way, but that's why I'm posting this short little self-encouragement, so I don't forget.

This is what I posted on my personal FB page today:

"I feel like being negative. But I refuse! That is not who I am called to be. I will speak only positivity, even if it is the opposite of what I feel inside. I will find and do what God has designed me to do. I will be happy. I will be content when I need to be, but I will always be striving to be and do better. I will not just put up with the way things are because "its just how it is". It is not my destiny to be miserable, it is my destiny to be all that I can be, using all of the gifts that I was blessed with. I will never, ever, give up. The end. Bite me Satan for disrupting my positive mentality."

I have so many dreams and aspirations that I am not willing to let go of, just because I haven't completed them yet!  Life is too short and things need to change.  I'm tired of being content with an "average" life and I'm praying to have the guts to be the amazingly wonderful person I was meant to be!

"I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am." Philippians 4:13 (MSG)

Making the most of life,
Mrs. Modern

3 comments:

  1. You go girl!! You are already an amazing woman in my opinion and with all your many talents it is obvious you will do great things. Next thing is to get you up on the stage to sing. I think we'd sound great together, what do you say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!
    I would love to get up there and sing! I really just don't want to do the hymn part... not really my thing lol =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha yeah I don't like the hymn part. Reminds me of Catholic Church. I had no idea you could sing Modern Mrs! I love singing but I could never be on stage :-(

    ReplyDelete